Last year, IComm teamed up with Microsoft to host an event designed to help customers unlock the full potential of their Office 365 investment. The event was a big success and IComm and Microsoft are planning more exclusive customer sessions throughout 2016.
The event highlighted that while many customers are benefitting from Office 365’s basic features, there are still organisations that are paying the high costs involved in supporting a whole host of disparate infrastructure – such as on premise email and Sharepoint.
IComm and Microsoft experts explained and demonstrated some of the core features of Office 365, with examples including email and collaboration. This brought participants up to speed on some key features of Office 365 that they may not have been fully aware of that may prove useful to their organisation in the future.
Ryan Wadsworth, Director of Technology at KordaMentha, a company that has been using Office 365 in its Australian operations since 2009, was also on hand to speak about their experiences rolling out Office 365 and the benefits to the company so far.
The information session also focused on the newly released Office 365 License (E5), which comes with a whole new range of exclusive features, including:
- PSTN Conferencing provides the flexibility to dial in to a meeting from a traditional phone, in addition to the existing ability to join a meeting with a single click on your PC or mobile device. There is no official release date for this feature in Australia as yet, but it is likely to be during 2016.
- Skype Meeting Broadcast makes it easier than ever to host large virtual meetings for up to 10,000 meeting attendees, who can join from almost all browsers or devices. This means that Skype for Business has now truly become a single platform for every type of meeting. And the best part is that this feature is now live and ready to use.
- Cloud PBX is also now live and enables companies to eliminate separate PBX systems and transition to the cloud with Office 365 as the central location to manage users for communication.
- With PSTN Calling, Office 365 customers can also subscribe to Microsoft managed calling plans and phone numbers. This feature is currently only being released in the U.S. with other global markets due to launch later.
- Delve Analytics empowers employees through dashboards that provide insights on time and relationships, with the goal of helping them get time back and use it more effectively and productively.
- Power BI is a business analytics service that enables workers to process and analyse data with greater speed, efficiency and understanding through live data dashboards, interactive reports and compelling visuals.
- Customer Lockbox gives customers new approval rights, transparency and control over their data in the cloud.
- Advanced eDiscovery integrates Equivio machine learning, predictive coding and text analytics capabilities, to reduce the costs and challenges that go hand-in-hand with sorting through large quantities of data for eDiscovery purposes.
- Advanced Threat Protection protects against unknown malware and viruses by applying behavioural analysis.
The next IComm and Microsoft joint customer event will take place on 4th May 2016 in Sydney at the flagship Microsoft Store. Those interested in attending can check out the event details and register their place here.